Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Develop a Love of Reading

I got this video the other day and it made me smile. I thought about it the next day and it made me think. Today I am a believer in the power of the written word to educate and even immerse us in life at a level we other wise would never know existed.

Money and power are poor substitutes for the joy of knowing a richer fuller life.




"When you reread a classic, you do not see more in the book than you did before; you see more in you than there was before" ~ Cliff Fadiman


We all know what a magnifying glass is, it helps make little things bigger. We all know what a telescope is, brings things closer. Too bad so many of us don't know what reading a book is, it makes a black and white world a bright colorful place to live.

No comments: