Sunday, December 21, 2008

Playing with time and photographs

For the second straight day my son and granddaughters didn't get off the ground in D.C. so I'm left with playing on the PC.

Alfred Stieglitz said. "The goal of art was the vital expression of self." He also said, "I do not object to retouching, dodging. or accentuation as long as they do not interfere with the natural qualities of photographic technique."

Well being a photographer and loving art I decided to add a personal touch to a few of my photographs to imitate art technique. Below are my first few tries.

You can click on the images for a larger view.

* all images copyright protected by Paul Viel


Sears Road #1

Sears Road #2

Along the Umpqua River

Landmark

Blue Boat in Texas

After the Fire

Giant Sunflowers

Commenets Appreciated


1 comment:

MailLadyMartha said...

Beautiful, Paul! However, I wish I knew more about what you added to these wonderful shots. Anyway, glad to see you're still at it!!